Notable News

Keep it Clean

Notable News

Postby Dirt » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:17 pm

This gentleman was an inspiration and a constant joy to listen to for decades for me on National Public Radio's "Car Talk." He and his younger brother, Ray, from Boston, were two of the most humorous and selfless human beings this nation shall ever know. His laughter was more than contagious - it was a breath of such grace and goodness, honesty and decency that may never be equaled on radio. Tom died from Alzheimer's, an infliction that also took my loving mom. I will never forget his humor and pathos and wit and wisdom and compassion and honor. May he be bringing laughter and joy in the halls of heaven now.
http://www.npr.org/2014/11/03/357428287 ... dies-at-77
Dirt

Re: Notable News

Postby Sany » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:26 am

I've seen him on television few times, great guy and lots of fun and it's a big loss for the ones who loved him. Rest in peace.
Sany

Postby Dirt » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:46 pm

For today, November 13, 2014 ...
European Space Agency lands it's Lander probe on comet.
Coal Mining violations at continuing painful levels upon our honorable coal miners.
Are we heading toward another "Cold War?" Even Finland warps up its military awareness and defenses.
http://www.npr.org/
Dirt

Postby Dirt » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:58 pm

It would seem that ISIS is trying to foment violence and war by their recurring brutal beheading of individuals that deem are meaningless human beings not following their decadent code of law. Although beheading was done often during battles a thousand years ago and probably on occasion even during the wars of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, the reason was simple. The weapons most used were swords and the surest way to kill the battle enemy was through the neck that was often unshielded by armor. However, the beheadings by ISIS is ritualistic and sadistic and their way of "life" needs negated and made known that it is wrong and inhumane. The United Nations should call such murders by what they are as were historic atrocities during World War II and other acts of violence perpetrated on civilians. The Muslim nations need to all say in one loud voice these heinous acts by ISIS cannot continue and as people who are noble and just they should in the strongest terms via the United Nations say so. Those "people" guilty of these Crimes Against Humanity need to be arrested and tried in an International Court of Justice just as the war criminals after World War II and then hanged or shot by firing squad as they were.
Dirt

Postby Dirt » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:19 pm

Music has always been an integral part of my life providing inspiration, background, and that becalming or energizing need to keep me going like a good, hot cup of coffee or an ice cold beer. We lost some geniuses of the sounds that make echoes last forever and bring memories more clear in focus of who we are as people on this earth:
Pete Seeger
Johnny Winter
Bobby Womack
Jack Bruce
Jean Redpath
Philo Everly
and Joe Cocker
may they all be making the heavens rock and roll, send blues trembling through their halls so loud and vast
their notes of harmony and strings of sheer joy and voices more pure and true than all the nightbirds in the forests green pound softly down upon us like the most tender snowflakes that ever graced our lands to cover our emptiness with honor.
Dirt

Postby Dirt » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:39 pm

And now Jordan has become involved in the terrorism spreading through the Middle East. When shall this violent turmoil end? And who will have the courage to put down their arms first? When shall the UN condemn these terrorist murders and try them in an international court of law?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/201 ... rm=nprnews
Dirt

Postby Dirt » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:16 pm

The violent virus of ISIS terrorism is spreading as now 21 Egyptian Coptic Christians have been slaughtered by the terrorist group, ISIS.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 49769.html

I can only hope these atrocities of crimes against humanity will end. All the United Nations and all Muslim nations need to condemn such actions in the most outspoken way and demand all nations who harbor this group to arrest and try these terrorists in an international court of law and destroy all their locations.

ISIS is the bully on the block and their inhuman violence is taking on new territories.
Dirt

Postby Dirt » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:38 pm

Leonard Nimoy is now beaming up... it is only logical. 8-)
Dirt

Postby Dirt » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:29 pm

It is coming into a great time of the year here in the good ol' USA.
College basketball begins its "March Madness" next week with the 64-team NCAA Men's Basketball Championship Tournament.
Major League Baseball starts back up the first week of April, although minus the legendary Derek Jeter of the New York Yankees.
And the Master's Golf Championship also commences the second week of April from the beautiful Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia.
And here in the Midwest of the USA, Spring is shyly showing her wonder and beauty after a harsh and very cold Winter. But then the earth is thankful anyway and the birds are singing gladly. :D
Dirt

Next

Return to Dragons Tale